Shoe fitting tips to help you find the right shoes
Shoes are not just a part of clothing. The utility of shoes goes beyond fashion, as they play an important role in protecting your feet, cushioning your heels, and getting you to walk safely.
Shoes with fitting issues often become a reason for problems like stress fractures, corns, hammertoes, etc. Hence, it always becomes essential to find the perfect fit for your feet.
Shoe Stores often have professionals who provide assistance and guidance to confirm that the shoes you choose suit appropriately. Buyers are always inspired to get help from these shops.
People who buy shoes online seek a foot care professional's guidance. Going with a recommendation of an expert they get to buy the right fit to best serve their feet.
If somehow any customer fails to get consultancy from a professional, the following points may be helpful:
- Don’t stick to a specific size and buy the same shoe size over time. That is not ideal. Just like your other body parts, your foot shape and size change from time to time. Hence, it always becomes vital to confirm your foot size before having a new pair.
- Your shoe should fit perfectly from the time of buying till the time you wear it, don't reply on overtime expansion for comfort. Thus, it is best to go for a relaxed fit rather than a snug fit (Learn more about how you can find your fit).
- Your shoes' width and depth are among the key points to keep in mind while buying a new pair. The shoes must have enough width to fit the balls of your foot and deep enough to hold your toes. There should be some space when drawing a thumb or finger over the shoes' front, but not a massive bulge, which indicates that the shoe is too big for you.
Apart from the above tips, the best way to check your shoes is by standing and walking in the shoes and feel them thoroughly. While walking, keep a look at the following points:
- The shoe should take hold of your feet and does not slip off.
- The sole quickly bends in the foreground.
- The heel provides a safe base (sometimes, you feel like the flats are too flat, ever experienced that? Don't worry, with every new shoe design, the feeling you get is different. Just ensure that the flats have at least a 1 cm heel and it is good. If it is completely flat, avoid it!)
- Walk on different surfaces and they should not be sliding (Find out why it is important to have a good grip for your shoes).
- The upper material flexes and returns to its initial form. Ensure that the shoes mould to the shape of your feet and allows for its natural movement.
- You feel no pressure or pain while walking. Please opt for softer materials that don't constrict your blood vessels. Have mercy for your feet 😉
There are many factors when it comes to choosing a pair of shoes and often, it is time-consuming. But choosing the right pair is as important as any part of your outfit. Hence, it is worth the time and effort.
Hope this blog could solve your problems with shoe fitting and help you understand the things that you should keep in mind while choosing your fit.